Engineering Joint Council
Engineering Joint Council is comprised of students elected annually by a majority vote of an engineering organization to represent the College of Engineering. As stated in our constitution, the objectives and goals of the EJC are:
• To coordinate and promote the joint activities of its member organizations.
• To foster high ideals and professionalism in its member organizations.
Engineering Joint Council plans and facilitates Engineering Week every February. Engineers Week is a nationally celebrated event in honor of engineers created by the National Engineers Week Foundation. Our college of engineering celebrates engineering week in order to fulfill the mission of the National Engineers Week Foundation by:
• Leveraging the common outreach interests of our corporate, professional society and government partners.
• Seeding and nurturing a future work force of innovative engineers through education outreach initiatives.
• Expanding the pool of skilled, creative engineering talent by reaching out to diverse individuals.
• Engaging the public to see, touch and embrace engineering through innovative programming and celebration.